Pump usually gets jammed due to rust accumulating over its shaft and blades. When it is not runned or started for a few weeks, rust is form by the reaction oxygen and iron in presence of water or air moistures.
I was on a vacation from my home for a few months. After I coming back, I went to turn the water pump on – but it didn’t start. There was a buzzing sound and the body was heated up abnormally. As it goes for 5 minutes, the pump automatically gets switch off. However, I discoverd a way to fix it up. If you are in a hurry, watch the video instead:
There are two types of jam – 1st one is normal jam, which is not that hard, means you can easily loose it using a few tools. And this doesn’t require to open the body of your pump.The second one is – severe jam, which requires to open the body, and break the jam by hard force.
To fix the severe jam, you will need to see a mechanc. But usually the case of severe jam is rare. However, you will get to know both of the types when fixing it by following process.
- To proced, we only need one tool. A screw driver or tester or anything like a thin rod.
- Then reach back part of the pump, there you will see a surface filled with holes.
- There is a relatively bigger hole at the center. Enter your screw driver in it.
- Fit it between the shafts or blades and try to rotate them. Make it as free as possible.
- If they are free enough, turn on the switch and see if it starts.
- Repeat the process until the pump is working!